Johnstown is a village in Licking County, Ohio, United States. The population was 3,440 at the 2000 census.
The Village of Johnstown is part of a four thousand acre (16 km²) tract of land deeded to John Brown, a revolutionary soldier, by President Adams for military services in 1800. Brown sold the property in 1810 for $2.50 per acre to Dr. Oliver Bigelow. Dr. Bigelow laid out and incorporated the village of Johnstown, donating the streets, alleys and the town square. In 1926 a nearly complete skeleton of a mastodon was found, and subsequently sold to the Cleveland Museum of Natural History. Wikipedia